Control Systems Engineer
About the company
Our client based in Melbourne designs, integrates, and supports automated turnkey solutions for airport baggage handling throughout Australia, New Zealand, and Asia.
They currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Automation Engineer (PLC / SCADA) to join their growing team. This role is responsible for providing baggage handling software development and commissioning as part of their low-level control software team.
A Summary of Key Tasks and Responsibilities are as follows:
- Development and maintenance of PLC/SCADA software for airport baggage handling systems.
- Preparing technical documentation
- Assist in the development of test procedures.
- On-site commissioning of systems
- Providing technical support to existing systems.
- Contribute to the design of applications and components.
- Maintain company quality standards, policies, procedures &methodologies in all areas of design development.
You must be able to work both remotely and in their Melbourne office and possess strong English communication abilities both oral and written. Your current skill set should include the following:
- At least 5 years PLC/SCADA automation experience.
- Able to develop PLC, HMI and SCADA Software solutions using a wide range of vendors/technologies.
- Knowledge information technology & disciplines, such as networks, operating systems, distributed computing & application development.
- Ability to prepare & present complex technical data in an insightful, succinct & professional manner.
- Previous experience with baggage handling systems is preferred but not essential.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field is required. (e.g., software/electrical/computer systems/mechatronics engineering)
In return our client offers you the following:
Flexible working practices
Opportunity to purchase shares in the company when they are made available.
Very competitive salary package
Working within a small team with the potential to move up the ladder within the company.