Electrical Safety Engineer
Our client is dedicated to providing innovative, cost effective solutions in all aspects of machine safety and reliability relating to the electrical industrial sectors. We specialise in providing safety solutions for Industrial Automation, Process Automation, SCADA, AC Motor Control Solutions, Functional Machine Safety, Machine Guarding, Lock Out Tag Out, Validation of Safety systems and Machine operator training.
They are seeking an Electrical Safety Engineer experienced in working in plants across a broad range of industries with:
- Advanced electrical industrial facilities experience.
- Knowledge of electrical safety standards and OSHA electrical safety requirements
- Automation and Process management experience
- Machine guarding knowledge/experience
- The ability to write LOTO procedures, isolation procedures, and risk assessments
- Experience in performing electrical safety audits
- The ability to independently determine electrical safety improvements needed to address concerns or program needs.
- Experience to coordinate/facilitate audits, document findings, and employee training
You will possess the following skills/experience and qualifications:
- Occupational safety and risk management with familiarity with qualitative and quantitative electrical risk assessment
- Electrical plant and machinery, construction, and test and commissioning of electrical control systems and networks
- Electrical equipment design with a deep knowledge of the safety standards for electrical design and risk assessment in New Zealand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similiar
- TÜV SÜD Certified Functional Safety Professional or a CMSE® – Certified Machine Safety Expert
On offer is the opportunity to be a big player is a very progressive part of our business along with a very competitive salary, a great location, a stimulating, fun work environment and the opportunity to enjoy a balanced work/lifestyle.