Machine Safety Engineer
About the company
Renowned for providing innovative, cost effective solutions in all aspects of machine safety and reliability relating to the electrical industrial sectors. Our client specialises in providing safety designs, validation, and commissioning for existing or newly imported machinery. They ensure machine operation compliance with New Zealand’s stringent safety standards.
As a Machine Safety Engineer experienced in working in industrial plants across a broad range of industries it is expected that you will have skills/experience in some or all of the following:
- Industrial electrical/mechanical facilities.
- OSHA safety requirements for electrical and mechanical plant and equipment
- Automation and Process management experience
- Machine guarding
- Machine safety assessments
- Writing LOTO procedures, isolation procedures, and risk assessments
- Performing electrical and mechanical safety audits around machinery operation
- Independently determining electrical and mechanical safety improvements needed to address concerns or program needs.
- Coordination of facilitate audits, document findings, and employee training
You will possess skills, experience, and qualifications in:
- Occupational safety and risk management with familiarity with qualitative and quantitative electrical and mechanical risk assessment
- Identifying electrical and mechanical plant hazards.
- Conducting machinery assessment hazards.
- Electrical equipment design with a deep knowledge of the safety standards for electrical design and risk assessment in New Zealand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering or relevant trades qualifications
- TÜV SÜD Certified Functional Safety Professional Machinery or a CMSE® – Certified Machine Safety Expert
On offer is the opportunity to be a big player in a progressive, growing company. An incredibly competitive salary, a great location, stimulating, fun work environment and the opportunity for future advancement.