Machine Safety Engineer
About the company
Based in the Garden City of Christchurch our client specialises in providing safety designs, validation, and commissioning for existing or newly imported machinery to companies operating in the industrial sectors throughout New Zealand.
As a Machine Safety Engineer, you will be experienced in working in a variety of industrial plants across a broad range of industries. Your experience will see exposed to some or all of the following:
- Industrial electrical/mechanical facilities.
- OSHA safety requirements for electrical and mechanical plant and equipment
- Automation and Process management experience
- Machine guarding
- Machine safety assessments
- Writing LOTO procedures, isolation procedures, and risk assessments
- Performing electrical and mechanical safety audits around machinery operation
- Independently determining electrical and mechanical safety improvements needed to address concerns or program needs.
- Coordination of facilitate audits, document findings, and employee training
You will possess skills, experience, and qualifications in:
- Occupational safety and risk management with familiarity with qualitative and quantitative electrical and mechanical risk assessment
- Identifying electrical and mechanical plant hazards.
- Conducting machinery assessment hazards.
- Electrical equipment design with a deep knowledge of the safety standards for electrical design and risk assessment in New Zealand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Mechatronics Engineering or relevant trades qualifications
- TÜV SÜD Certified Functional Safety Professional Machinery or a CMSE® – Certified Machine Safety Expert
Our client offers you the opportunity to join their growing Machine safety team, operating in an environment that is friendly, stimulating and affords you the opportunity to advance your career. This along with an attractive salary make this a role not to miss out on.