Industrial Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer required by leading international company. Due to ongoing success in the local and international markets our client is seeking to add to their Product Design/Engineering Team. We are seeking a person with the capability to take concept designs to fully fledged specifications/manufacturing drawings through to working equipment using 3D CAD packages.
As such we are looking for you to be experienced in the following:
- Solidworks and Inventor
- Taking product design from concept through to production
- Calculations for the correct sizing of Electromechanical equipment
- Cost effective design of purpose-built machinery and tooling
- Developing conceptual designs, highly detailed renderings, and detailed costings for tender submissions
- Design solutions that consider human factors and ergonomics
- Interfacing with local and offshore suppliers and fabricators to ensure timely, quality component and product delivery
- Provide technical advice during manufacture, assembly and commissioning phases of machine builds
- Meeting timelines and budget requirements
- Management and security of all design/drawing files
You will be passionate about mechanical industrial design, will be highly motivated with a “can do, will do attitude” with a desire to produce leading edge products. You will have strong English language communication, written and oral, along with solid computer skills.
Due to the nature of this role, it is a prerequisite that you have either an NZCE or B.E. Industrial Design or Mechanical Design qualification (or similar).
If you are serious about your development as a Mechanical Design Engineer in a creative/innovative organisation that can offer you challenging and stimulating projects, then this role is for you.