National Business Development Manager
About the company
A multinational company providing energy and automation digital solutions for efficiency and sustainability throughout homes, buildings, data centres, infrastructure and industries, through the combination of energy technologies, real-time automation, software and services.
This role will see you working closely with strategic key customer accounts and valued partners in the water, wastewater sectors. You will be responsible for forming business relationships with key operational staff and site personnel to identify new opportunities to increase our client’s share of business opportunities. You will also provide strategic direction to other sales team members through development of key account profiles and plans.
The position covers many aspects of activity from prospecting to identifying work with inhouse engineering teams; presenting technology and control system solutions to customers, with the end goal of securing business, and providing solutions to complex business problems utilising our client’s suite of products. You will form relationships with end users, consultants and EPC’s that will see you viewed as a resource that adds immense business value and enables you to work closely with them on tender based activity.
You will be an experienced Business Development Manager with demonstrated experience in C-Level business development, direct technical sales, and pre-sales tendering with the following skills/abilities:
- Proactively identify, create, and win new business opportunities
- Ability to listen actively and translate customer needs into business solutions
- Capability to represent our client at industry events and promote their products and services
- Knowledge/experience of the water, wastewater sectors
- Strong electrical and automation experience
- IT, IOT, cyber security experience/knowledge
- Ability to identify and build relationships with key stakeholders at all levels within an organisation
- Effective time management and organisational abilities with exceptional presentation skills, excellent English verbal and written communication and interpersonal capabilities
- Understanding of business system applications, market trends and integration/adoption issues
You will have a degree or diploma in electrical engineering / computer science / software engineering / or business-related discipline with training in a leading sales methodology.
On offer is a top renumeration package, great working environment, future career development opportunities and the opportunity to work in a prominent technology company that is responsible for delivering leading edge technology solutions to New Zealand companies.