At Refocus Recruitment, we want you to understand how the personal information you provide us with, is used and shared by us. We are bound by the requirements of law, which regulates how we may collec t, store, use and disclose your personal information. You have rights of access to and correction or deletion of your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. If you wish to update your information, please email us at [email protected]
Please note any information you provide regarding your work background, qualifications, and your ability to work must be true and correct.
How we protect your personal information?
- We will keep your personal information safe and secure and use it only for recruitment purposes as outlined in this policy. Our website is hosted with a highly reputable hosting company with several layers of protection for sensitive data.
- Your personal information will never be disclosed to anyone outside of Refocus Recruitment without us obtaining your permission first.
What personal information do we collect?
By "personal information" we mean identifiable information about you. This may include some or all of the following:
- Personal details: given name(s); title; photograph; employment history; education; qualifications; skills; and other typical CV content provided as part of an application process.
- Contact details: correspondence address; telephone number; email address; details of your public social media profile(s).
- Documentation: such as copies of qualifications, registration, resume or passport etc
- Computer or network information.
- Consent records: records of any consent you may have given and the subject matter of that consent.
- Public information: We may collect or obtain personal information you choose to make public on social media sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook etc.
- Information created in the performance of our recruitment processes: We may create or obtain personal information, such as your interactions with us, and any interactions we have with clients on your behalf.
- Information from third parties: it may be necessary for us to collect or obtain personal information from third parties, (eg from referees, medical facilities, or law enforcement agencies etc). This includes information such as references, psychometric evaluations, competency tests, medical tests, and criminal record checks. These will only be collected once you have granted us permission to do so.
We may use your personal information for a number of reasons, namely to:
- Communicate with you in relation to any matter relevant to our business and the services we provide.
- Enable us to match an applicant’s skills, experience, personal attributes, and qualifications to those required in a job vacancy.
- Verify your identity, qualifications, application details.
- Ascertain whether you have the right to legally work in New Zealand.
- Undertake reference checks, criminal record checks and any other background checks as permitted by law.
- Personalise and improve your experience on this website and monitor website usage.
- Provide you with information from third parties that we think would be of interest to you.
- Advertise jobs or services. (We will comply with the Unsolicited Electronic Messages Act 2007. This means that we will provide you with instructions for unsubscribing from such messages/services if you choose).
Who we share your information with:
- Your personal information and details are only available privately and confidentially to staff at Refocus Recruitment until you grant us permission to share them. Only when you have given permission, will we start to work through the recruitment process.
- When applying for a job your personal information may be shared with a future employer.
- It is possible that a third-party evaluating agency may need some of your personal information (eg a referee for a reference check; a medical facility for medical test; or a law enforcement agency for a criminal check).
- Please note we will always ask for you permission in every instance that we need to share any of your personal information.
- We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from those disclosed in this statement.
The Refocus website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Refocus Recruitment is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage users of our site to be aware when they leave it to browse other sites to read the privacy statements of those sites.